Step 7 UDT question

s7xp.com

Anyone how knows how many levels deep UDT'a may used.
DB1 contains UDT1
UDT contains UDT2
and so on.

Same question for Structures.

And to make it all worse. UDT in Structure and v.v.. Anyone out there how has ever struggled with it.

Last edited:
Just tried it, got to UDT6 before the nesting depth was reached when trying UDT7, e.g. if s are structures, x is structure element.

s1.s2.s3.s4.s5.s6.x1

Edit:Tried the S7 help, it states six nesting levels for UDTs, 8 for STRUCT (I tried it and it is 6 for struct as well though)

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello all, I have a question that hopefully has a yes :) I am scanning a bar code and bringing in that string in a DB34. I am trying to compare...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm getting a very annoying error by third time already. From time to time I'm doing some editing of parametres in my UDT. When I double...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Is there any way to edit UDT file in Step 7 instead of input one by one? Is it possible to do it in Excel and transfer it ot UDT? Please...
Replies
Views
I am having a step7 v5.4 program where the blocks are encrypted and locked. And the manufacturer is stopped the support. Is there any ways to...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, Hoping someone with some Siemens experience can give me a hand with this one. Customer has a S7-200 cpu, which has a 6GK7...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom