InTouch 9.5 ActiveX problem

Inna

I'm developing an application in Intouch 9.5(Version 9.5.003). I came up against two serious problems and I would like to receive some help.

The first one is:

ActiveX (that was developed in VisualC++ 6.0) is used in this application. Sometimes the next problem happens: when the application is opened in the WindowMaker, the ActiveX appears on a screen normally (without any problem). But when I run the application the following error message is displayed:"0x100e0202 Error processing on setting real property (param) Button.Visible OLE object reference is not bound to an OLE object" - where "Button" it's name of the ActiveX.

I found the following workaround to prevent this error:

A new ActiveX is added to an application's screen with ActiveX. The application is run and there is no problems with any ActiveX. After this, the new added ActiveX is removed and the application is running properly.

Mostly, this problem occurs when the application is run first time after ActiveX registration on the PC.

The second problem is:

When the InTouch application is running the CPU Usage of the view.exe is more than 60% - it slows down the performance of our system.

What could be the reason of these problems? How they can be solved without workaround (for final user)?

Thanks

There are a couple tech notes on Wonderware's website that talks about "fixing" activex problems. Try them first. Also try recompiling the application by deleting the *.wvw files. what sort of activex are you using? There are lots of poorly written activex out there.

I'm developing an application in Intouch 9.5(Version 9.5.003). I came up against two serious problems and I would like to receive some help.

The first one is:

ActiveX (that was developed in VisualC++ 6.0) is used in this application. Sometimes the next problem happens: when the application is opened in the WindowMaker, the ActiveX appears on a screen normally (without any problem). But when I run the application the following error message is displayed:"0x100e0202 Error processing on setting real property (param) Button.Visible OLE object reference is not bound to an OLE object" - where "Button" it's name of the ActiveX.

I found the following workaround to prevent this error:

A new ActiveX is added to an application's screen with ActiveX. The application is run and there is no problems with any ActiveX. After this, the new added ActiveX is removed and the application is running properly.

Mostly, this problem occurs when the application is run first time after ActiveX registration on the PC.

The second problem is:

When the InTouch application is running the CPU Usage of the view.exe is more than 60% - it slows down the performance of our system.

What could be the reason of these problems? How they can be solved without workaround (for final user)?

Thanks

I know it's a really old post, but I'm having the same issues and I wanted to know how you solved it.
Thank you.