Being called OLD!

rsdoran

Lifetime Supporting Member
It has come to my attention that some dislike being called old or old man. If I did this my apologizes, sheesh I consider myself an old man. Being an "old man" has given me something that some would love to have i.e. "experience". LOL, some of us old men have nothing else going for us.

I can and will probably be "harsh" in some situations but do not mean to offend anyone personally.

Jimmie_Ohio said:
What's the model number of the PLC you have?

LOL, being old my memory fails me, its either 53x something or another or IC693xxx something or another. Wait it may be S7 or SP 66.

Getting old, hard to remember.

Old?

Old is a relative term. It is comparing ages. Here it appears I am as old as dirt. In human terms however, I'm just experienced. I look at the bands I listened to, many years ago, April Wine, Nazareth, The Stones, and I smile, there is still time to go. I turn 49 in a few days. Anyone can call me an old man if you wish.

Mostly "spring chickens"! 64 this year and still mentally out running most of the "young" guys - present company excluded.

Find a young bird - remember, you are "only as old as the girl you f**l" - probably politically incorrect as well - Ozzie sense of humour.

I remember going on jobs and having to ask questions. These were often preceded by "hey old man". And most often they were returned with good answers.

These days most often I'm greeted with "hey old man". The best I can do is try to give good answers.
I hope that if I'm ever easily offended, it is by something more weighty than a reference to my age and experience.