RSView Studio ME v4.00 fails to create new application

bomb3rman

Hi there,

I've been trying to create a new application on RSView Studio ME, but everytime I click on 'Create', the whole program would close itself down (no message, not running on background). I've tried to do a fresh installation for it and RSLinx, but that didn't help. Opening any existing applications are fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

I had exactly same problem about 10 months ago, but with Visual Studio not with RSView Studio ( some similarity :))
I fought for about one week without success.I gave up and reinstalled Windows. Worked like a charm after that.

But maybe somebody has a better solution.

Yes the same. By the way do you have a RSView32 installation if so uninstall it first, then un install studio. follow the technet note in rockwellsoftware site" clean un install RSView Studio". if possible clean the registry(It's a real mess). then install first the studio followed by the RSView 32. If nothing works then you have to re-install windows. by the way there were some patches did you install them? hope this would solve your problem.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply guys... I don't have RSView32, I have done the uninstalling as mentioned in the TechNotes, but it is still the same. The Rockwell support guy has not heard of this before... and the only solution left is to re-format the computer, which I am really reluctant to do.

Hi

Actually new apllication is creating but it is hiding by the the system, I don,t know the exact tool on toolbar because since last so many days I had,t worked on it, you just click on left hand side tool of runtime tool one by one yr problem will definatly solve

Hi,

What is the runtime tool? Is that the 'Test Application' button from the Standard toolbar? It's grayed out, can't click on it when the application is creating... Please reply, thanks...