SimaticOpenProjectProblems

Kataeb

When I open the Simatic software, I have warnings of missing dll files (see below).

This is happening for only one project, and on my pc only.

The problem happened after I did a Hardware update. Did the update cause this?

Kindly, what should I do to solve this?

Open Project (257:5)

One or more objects of a type cannot be represented.

Unable to load the server 's7h0112x.dll' for

_S7H_HSP_IO_ET200S_ETER_151_3BA20_V40_CT

objects.

Make sure that the required optional packages are installed.

the above message is displayed for 10 other dll files...

What version of Step7 are you using? Check if it is older than the step7 version which the software is programmed by.

what hardware update you made?

Repair

Hello,

I suggest you to use installation disc for Step7 software (version that you have on your PC) and choose Repair function after instalaton starts and examines your system. It should resolve your problem.

One more thing

If this is not the solution of your problem then problably the project has bin made with higher version of Step 7 v5.3 or v5.4

Hello again,

Please answer two questions:
  1. Before the hardware update you opened the same project with the same version of Step 7 on the same PC ?
  2. Does this errors occurs only when you open this particular project or it happens with other projects too?

1. Before the hardware update, i opened the same project with the same version of Step 7 on the same PC. But i had some warnings in the hardware configuration requiring a hardware update. When i did the update, the warnings were gone but the dll problem messages occured.

2. These errors occur only when i open this particular project.

I think that the components downloaded in the update are not compatible with the installed version of simatic.

Hello again,

For me it is only reasonable explanation too. May be you should consider reinstall Step 7...Other solution is to use System Restore function in Windows if you use it.

Back
Top Bottom