Visual Basic question

userxyz

What's the difference between a 'checkbox' and an 'option button' ?

I know that only one optionbutton can be true in a form or you have to use frames, and checkbox can always be checked and unchecked,

but, why not allways use checkboxes ?

Option Buttons used to also be called Radio Buttons, because they work like the Preset Buttons on a radio. You use them when only one option is permissible, so that choosing any one option automatically disables all other options.

As others posted with option boxes only one can be selected and you do not have to write code to unselect the other option controls when you select a different one, it is automatic. Checkboxes let you select multiple options.

option.gif