flashback

thunda

Some who have been here a while will remember a post about changing the icon (rotating ladder on rslogix) to other things not listed under the animations section, not the globe or gears etc. You needed to draw the images @ 30 of them then edit rslogix with rs hacker. Sooo I need the rs hacker anyone have a copy??? 🔨

I remember that.. the software is called "reshacker", for "Resource Hacker". Very cool little utility, and you can find it with a simple Google search.

I used it to reverse a bit of mischief somebody had performed down at a municipal water treatment installation of our software. Note to union members: Pamela Anderson Lee is not featured in the standard splash screens for ControlBuilder.

On the inocuous side, I changed my RSLogix 500 rotating icon to be a little cartoon of Calvin (of 'and Hobbes' fame) dancing around in circles.

Exactly what i had in mind if you combine the two no ladder just pam :D sorry Calvin :( is it hard to do?
that explains why i can't find it reshacker huh thanks a lot beerchug

Patriotic

I whipped this one up right after 9/11.

[attachment]

I meant to clean it up before posting here, but since the topic has been raised, I'll post it as-is.

For those who want to do this, you can download ResHacker free from the internet. You'll want to open RSLGX500.DLL (for Logix500 users) and replace bitmap 251 with the above. (Bitmaps 250, 252, 253 could be substituted instead, but then to view it, you have to use the "Easter Egg" of holding down the CTRL key while clicking on the Rotating Ladder, selecting Animations, and selecting the Animation you want. (If you want to change the text, so that the menu says "Calvin" or "Flag" instead of "RSI Logo", that's in MENU 1239 (Search on "Pumpkin" to find it)

Last edited:
make bmp object

Hi,

I have success to download and use the Resource Hacker and change my ladder.bmp (on RSLogix500) with AB_flag.bmp or diskman.bmp.
But if I want to use with another bmp file, how to make retentive object on the bmp format (example: ab_flag from Allen Nelson, there are 14 objects flag, so this object would be life).
Any suggest ?

Regards,,

Deer

Hacking

So what if your bmp doesn't have 30 images???
I've only got 18 and it sits on the broken coms pic for what would be the other 12 frames.
By the way, has anybody seen the broken coms frame displayed on the original animations?

Gotcho said:
Can this be done in RSLogix 5000? I will try, I just wanted to know if someone had done it already.

I looked at that last night. It might be possible, but the two animated gear icons are AVI files. If you can find a program to create a 48 x 48 or 23 x 22 pixel AVI, you might be able to do it.

AK

For those who like Family Guy, here's one that I just created for RSLogix 500.

quagmire_4.gif