Omron C20

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all

I have a Omron C20 plc that has faulted.
I am not able to go online as I do not have
the program unit to connect to it.I have downloaded
the software from a web site.I am hoping that someone
might be able to sell me the program unit I need.

Thanks again

Donnchadh

You will require Syswin for this very old PLC. You will also require a 3G2C7-LK201-E interface unit and a special cable. You may be able to find the interface second hand on Ebay.

What's the nature of the fault? Is the power light on? Is the Run light on? If so you likey have a bad I/O point. In that case if there's spare I/O you might be able to move the program instructon to address a different I/O point.

I have a programmer & a host link etc.. However they are not for sale. If you get desperate feel free to PM me. We may be able to arrange something.

Have you tried contacting your local Omron rep/distributor?

From looking at the website, the closest is the UK. They may be able to loan you the item if need be, but if you are going to continue using this version, it may be worth while getting hold of an adaptor for yourself.

I cut my teeth on these...

Is it a C20K, or C20H? If it's a "K", then Bob's advice is correct. Another option is the 3G2A6-PRO15-E handheld. The "H" series is newer (but still old), and uses the C200H-PRO27 handheld.

www.plccenter.com sells everything you need, but be prepared to dig deep in your wallet... :eek:

🍻

-Eric

P.S. As soon as you suck the program out of it, plan to replace the PLC with something current... :nodi:

Omran C20

Hi All

Thanks for the replys.The power light is on with no run light.
We have got the software but are having trouble getting the right
comms module.I have now priced changing out the plc to a AB compact
logix.Thanks again for taking the time out to read my post.

Donnchadh K.

Donnchadh,

Do you have a maunual for the C20(K or H)?

Also consider the possability of sending the PLC out to somebody who can either print out the program, or mabey even fix the problem.