1771-SDN problem

SCAN.PLC

Hi ,
I have a problem configuring 1771-sdn scanner.
I have devicenet network with SMM ,SMP and 825P (revision7) relays.
I removed one of the SMP (node 45) and replaced the same with 825P(revision 17).The Node NO which i replaced is 45 and Block Transfer used in SDN for this node in IO mapping is 61.
I did not delete the mapping for this node in 1771-sdn.Instead I changed the node No of New 825 to 59 and i removed node 45 and connected new 825P on netwrok at Physically at this point. And I mapped it to Block transfer 59.Old Node (45) mapping is intact.
Here I see error on 1771-SDN as 72 for this new node. when I checked Devicenet status parameter in 825P i see Explicit message bit ON and IO Connection bit OFF .
Old revision 825P relays shows IO idle and IO Connection bits ON in DeviceNet Status .IDLE bcos PLC is in program mode.
Error 72 Means Slave device stopped communicating. But Both the Network Status LED and Communication Status LED are solid green on the 825-PDN card.
I tried to map it different locations of IO scanlist area but of no use.
I am no clue why this is happening. Do I have to delete the old IO mapping in BT 61 of 1771-SDN?
I assumed 1771-sdn is physically trying to maintain the connection to the point where i connected the new node (59).But I recycled network power.
I am thinking to downgrade the firmware revision from 17 to 7 of this new node. But no idea how to do that.
And lastly this is first time I am working on the 1771-SDN.
In 1756-DNB, error display format is Node No followed by error code.
In 1771-SDN I observed it in opposite way.
Error code followed by Node No. Is that right.
I checked it twice during the program mode of PLC.
Code 80(scanner idle mode) Followed by No 01(scanner Node no).Am i wrong here ? I am attaching a RS networkx file for clear understanding.
Please take a look in to this and let me know where I am wrong.

New network

My experience is that whenever we are changing any component in a devicenet its always better to make a new network than chopping and changing in the old network.

Its just like trying to modify the ladder made by some other programmer.........we always feel the logic is too complex. Same with device net network... the SDN understands better when we make a new network rather than ask it to understand the changes we made in the network.

Personally, I've had a very bad experience with devicenet whenever it created a problem. When its running fine its the best thing in the world.

regards,

rex

I have faced a similar problem in the past and rockwell suggested me that the best way is to delete the node from the scanlist and download that configuration to the scanner.Check that no faults are present on the scanner. Then add the new node and download to the scanner.