Micrologix1100 String Tags Error

rambler1

Have connected MicroLogix 1100 to RSView32 Ver 7.0 and all Ok apart from String Tags. Have configured ST24 as String file in Micrologix but when adding String tag in RSView to browse to ST24:0 there is an error first in that it browses to ST24:0.LEN and secondly wont allow this tag to be added. Have tried adding string tag and manually setting address to ST24:0, ST24:0.DATA or ST24:0,1 but none of these work. Appreciate help on same....

Hi,

Do not understand why it don't work. It works for me on SLC. The tag was entered as in the image.

Ba.jpg

Hope it helps

I don't have experience with RSView but I know that when you create string tags in Panelbuilder32 you have to include ".1" after the address (i.e. ST9:0.1).

chavak said:
Hi,

Do not understand why it don't work. It works for me on SLC. The tag was entered as in the image.

Ba.jpg

Hope it helps
Cheers chavak. I think maybe it is just a problem with MicroLogix 1100 as I have exactly the same as above and no joy.

kolyur said:
I don't have experience with RSView but I know that when you create string tags in Panelbuilder32 you have to include ".1" after the address (i.e. ST9:0.1).
I put in a ,1 instead of a .1 so thanks, will try that. I think the one is to do with the 1st Byte of Data that you want to point to.

It may be bad form resurrecting a zombie thread here, but I just had to say how this post saved my hide today! I spent hours trying different things to get some recipe name strings from a SLC5/05 to show up on a PV1000C.
[RANT]
What I don't understand is why this little piece of syntax goodness isn't prominently mentioned in the PB32 user manual! There's a plethora of information on character array tags, but nothing about how to drill down to that array. Why they couldn't use "ST201:1.DATA[0]" syntax I don't get. I guess ".1" is more brand-non-specific, but it's an Allen-Bradley software fer cripes' sakes!
[\RANT]

Tired AB/Rockwell rant aside, I'm once again reminded of the beauty of our little forum! :site: