Clx Ramp Function

plcnovel

Hi All
I am trying to use a ramp function in clx platform but i couldn't find any ramp function instructions in CLX instruction set. What i am trying to do is if my input is with in a desired range then i want to ramp up an analog output from 0 to 100% (4 to 20 mA) within 20 sec and lets say if it falls out of desired range then i want to ramp it down from 100 to 0 % within 10 seconds.

I was looking for Ramp& sock function (RMPS) & RLIM (Rate limitor functions) but i guess i dont need any of these, unless someone has an idea to use these functions to fulfill my purpose. Any help in this regards will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

If you have the FBD option on your CLX, then you can do this simply using the INT (integrator) block. Give it an input of +1 to ramp up and -1 to ramp down. Set the gain to give desired ramp time. Set the input to 0 to stop the ramp (at min/max output).

Another block you could use is the SCRV (s-curve). Set the input to 0 or 100 (step change) and adjust the accel rate as required. Set the jerk rate to a very high value to get a virtually linear ramp.