ip240 positioning module, what does the DI do?

emokar

Hello,

I am working on a project of migrating from an S5 system to S7. S5 CPU 115 U and IP240 positioning modules are used in the project. I have connected the encoder paralel to IP240 and FM350-1. I have no problem while reading the actual encoder value. This is an incremental encoder by the way. There is one thing i have hards to understand.
A DI of the Plc is connected to the DI of IP240 module. When i cut power of both plc's , s5 re-calibrates itself automatically by lifting the lifter up to the place where lift reference sw (a proximity switch). I think i need to do same thing for s7. i am planning to do it by software. it is clear how to do it. my question is, how can i understand what the di of ip240 exactly does and if it is used to load a preset value for the encoder, where can i find out which value is loaded?

Bset Regards,
EK