GE 90-30 HHP cable??

elevmike

What type of cable is used with the IC693PRG300 (hand held programmer). Apparently we need a cable, but I'm having a hard time finding it, or info on how it's configured etc. (just the cable).

Thanks, Mike

Steve Bailey said:
The part number for the cable is IC693CBL303. Pinout diagram is in the manual GFK-0356q, page 10-33.

Now tell me why you're using a handheld programmer instead of programming software.

Thanks Steve. Cant seem to download a manual or find what I'm looking for on GE's site. What a nightmare their support site is!!! Totally useless.

The HPP is for field techs to change minor paramaters. Laptops seem to go the way of programmer cables and manuals when riding in the back of a service van, (along with chain falls, augars etc) unused for weeks or months....

Steve,

If you know the secret links for GFK-0402 & GFK-0356q, I surly would appreciate it if you'd post them.

When I do a site search for GFK XXXX I get every document but the one I'm looking for. It seems to be searching on content text rather then title. Totally maddening!!!

Ok they were both on that list... Thanks.

How did you get that search result??? The search results I got did not have the colum with the document numbers.

I had this link in my favorites list.

http://support.gefanuc.com/support/index?page=home&view=AUTOMATION

It used to go to a page where one of the links was "Product Manuals, No Login Required". As you can see, that is no longer among the choices. At any rate, I clicked on the the "90-30" link and from there I clicked on the "Manuals" link.

The most frequent complaints about the GE Fanuc support site have always been about the total lack of intuitiveness in their search engine. Looks like that will continue to be the case. You would think that a goal of the search algorithm would be that when you type in the exact publication number, that the pdf of that publication would appear at the top of the list. You would think, but in the case of the GE Fanuc site you'd be wrong.

Steve Bailey said:
You would think that a goal of the search algorithm would be that when you type in the exact publication number, that the pdf of that publication would appear at the top of the list. You would think, but in the case of the GE Fanuc site you'd be wrong.
Perhaps you need to add the prefix "%" to your search terms... :ROFLMAO:

🍻

-Eric

Rant:

So I get asked a lot "Why AD, because their cheap?".

Well actually the cost of the equipment has little or nothing to do with it. However the support behind the equipemnt has EVERYTHING to do with our choice of prefrence. Today I spent almost 4 hours looking for a cable and locating and downloading two manuals. Thanks to Steve, I didnt spend 6-8 hours on it. If the AD equipemnt were 2-3x as much, it'll still be less expensive in the long run... (Don't get any ideas Andy)..

I thought the Siemens site was bad, but the GE site takes the cake. If you go to GE Industrial, you can find the PLCs but no docs & no links to; or no mention of GE Fanuc. It took me 1/2 hour to realize that I wasnt going to get anywhere, and started goggleing GE Fanuc.

You can call me a dummy, but a support site should be an invitation, not a labyrinth. It's beyond me how such a diverse & resourcefull org can produce such poor site.

My stump speech for the day...

Best regards, and Thank you Steve.

elevmike said:
Rant:

So I get asked a lot "Why AD, because their cheap?".

Well actually the cost of the equipment has little or nothing to do with it. However the support behind the equipemnt has EVERYTHING to do with our choice of prefrence. Today I spent almost 4 hours looking for a cable and locating and downloading two manuals. Thanks to Steve, I didnt spend 6-8 hours on it. If the AD equipemnt were 2-3x as much, it'll still be less expensive in the long run... (Don't get any ideas Andy)..

I thought the Siemens site was bad, but the GE site takes the cake. If you go to GE Industrial, you can find the PLCs but no docs & no links to; or no mention of GE Fanuc. It took me 1/2 hour to realize that I wasnt going to get anywhere, and started goggleing GE Fanuc.

You can call me a dummy, but a support site should be an invitation, not a labyrinth. It's beyond me how such a diverse & resourcefull org can produce such poor site.

My stump speech for the day...

Best regards, and Thank you Steve.
A good distributor would have done this for you.
Try talking to them.

Short Tutorial

It is unfortunate that your first need here was for a manual that got left out for some reason.

An 'Advanced' search for several others that I tried turned up what I was looking for consistantly in the top 3 hits.

Search2.gif

This resulted in pretty much garbage,(only manuals that referenced GFK-0356) however changing the manual brought this:

Results.gif

I have let GE Fanuc know about the problem with GFK-0356.

Last edited: