GRRRRRRRRR fed up

Don't close RSLinx...

Which version? Which OS?
How are you closing Linx? (i.e., are you using the Lauch Control Panel?)

2.50.00 CPR7... It reboots My PC, either way ...control panel or if I just close Rslinx.
It also happens everytime I stop a DH+ KTX driver.

OS = Windows XP

Last edited:
porky said:
2.50.00 CPR7... It reboots My PC, either way ...control panel or if I just close Rslinx.
It also happens everytime I stop a DH+ KTX driver.

OS = Windows XP

Ah, been there.

I accidentally selected the KTX driver instead of the PCMK driver and I had the same problem.

You need to boot into safe mode and delete the driver in Linx. Then when you boot back up, you should be fine.

Does it happen if RSlinx is shutdown with no drivers running? (in other words, when you shutdown RSLinx is the DH+ KTX Driver running?)

Just wondering if it's that specific driver is causing your computer to reboot when ever it's shutdown?

I'm amazed that it's a known issue and it still crashes windows. If it were to crash linx that would be one thing, but to crash windows = not good.

All well and dandy... I can solve the problem if I start up in safe mode... but I still need the KTX drives when I go online with our plcs / scada...is there any other way to solve this... is there a patch I can download ??

Thanks 4 ur replies..

dmroeder said:
I'm amazed that it's a known issue and it still crashes windows. If it were to crash linx that would be one thing, but to crash windows = not good.
I’ve have the same problem with RSLinx. What really makes me mad is the outrageous price I had to pay for a software package which crashes Windows, not sometimes but every time. There seems to be a fix, which I will try, it still makes me mad though. Software cost justification – added value – yea right.

porky said:
All well and dandy... I can solve the problem if I start up in safe mode... but I still need the KTX drives when I go online with our plcs / scada...is there any other way to solve this... is there a patch I can download ??

Thanks 4 ur replies..

You know, I just assumed that it crashed because Linx didn't find the device. When it happened to me, I accidentally selected that driver when I meant to select the PCMK driver. I guess I don't know how to solve your problem.