Cognex , Mitsubishi & Ethernet

Steve Etter

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi All,

I am working with a Cognex 5100 camera system and a Mitsubishi Q02 series PLC. Both are connected to a common Ethernet hub and I can communicate with either via my laptop using its Ethernet port.

Currently, there is no communication between the camera and PLC other than the hardwired connections between the PLC and the Cognex I/O board. I am not having any problems with this current set-up, but I would really like to develop additional communications using the Ethernet if possible.

I believe I have enough information to for the Cognex side, but I can’t figure the PLC side.

To start with, I want to write a single value from the camera to the PLC. In the Cognex, I am using the following code:

WriteEIP(1,”0i”,$H$32)

If I understand correctly, this should take the 8 bit value located in cell H32 and write it out into the Ethernet abyss somewhere.

Now all I need is for the PLC to snatch it up and plop it into some location in the PLC.

I am looking at the JP.RECV command, but can’t seem to get it to work. Here is the code I have right now.

Code.JPG

Anybody know how to do this or even if it is possible?