Siemens IM 151-1 6es7 151-1aa03-0ab0 flashing LED

Bob O

We are trying to trouble shoot a Siemens IM 151-1 6es7 151-1aa03-0ab0 modual by the flashine LED but I can't find the documents for a flashing SF and BF LED and what they mean.

Any help on the doc. is appreciated.

Thanks

I'm about to lose my Internet access for today, so I've got to keep it short.

As far as I'm aware SF = System Fault - usually program or Hardware, sometime there are different flashing speeds for which you'll need the manual.

BF is Bus Fault ie. Profibus etc. and I'm not aware of the BF Led ever flashing at different speeds.

Hope that at least helps get you started.

This is from the manual I have on ET200S. Maybe it will help. Here is the manual number I have maybe you can search for it on siemens web site.

Distributed I/O System ET 200S

EWA-4NEB 780602402-14​

ET200S_startup.JPG

We weren’t able to verify what was wrong so we called the OEM and they said if the SF and BF are flashing, the SF flashes and then the BF flashes then you need a new module.

Ok, that’s fine but one of the guys swapped the bad module that was flashing with another one that is good from the same machine and readdressed it but the error didn’t follow the module.

Does that make sense?

[font=&quot]Thanks for the help[/font]

The flashing BF indicates that their is a hardware configuration problem with the master and the interface module.

When its first powered on, the interface modules BF indicator should be solid red. The module and master attempt to communicate. The module's address is sent to the master, then hardware configuration data should be sent to the interface module. If the master does not have the data for the node address supplied by the interface module, the modules BF indicator flashes.

Make sure that the hardware configured in the SIMATIC Manager is exactly the same as that attached to the module.