Step 7 Function block

Ranjith

I want to access any bit of an array of bytes created in the function block. For example Is DIX8.0 the first bit of the 8th byte in the declaration table?

FB.JPG

DIX 8.0 is bit number 0 of byte 8. If you want to get the first "To_Step7" address then use DIB0.0 (byte). You may use DIB,DIX etc, but when you change the FB, e.g. add an input, the data block will be regenerated and the addresses may be changed.
Please use: "Fault reset" as text in your logics instead of DIX144.3.

In cases like this, I create a temp structure and copy the byte from the array to the structure. I can then refer the individual structure elements by name and then the code will not need changing if the data areas are moved around by adding/deleting variables.

Code:
FUNCTION_BLOCK FB 1
TITLE =
VERSION : 0.1

VAR_INPUT
To_Step7 : ARRAY [1 .. 72 ] OF BYTE ; 
END_VAR
VAR_OUTPUT
Connected : BOOL ; 
Powered : BOOL ; 
Ref_Done : BOOL ; 
END_VAR