Proface GP2401-TC41-24V

Killercal

Hello, I just received a proface file from a customer and when I try to open it with my software, GP-PRO/PB3 for windows (Version 6.01), it prompts me with a error stating “Unknown GP type. Do you want to try to convert to GP2600?” If I select “No” it says “unknown type” and just closes the program, if I select “Yes” it says “conversion complete, save as another program” but when I open up the screen editor all the text is gibberish and I can’t read it. I am able to click on buttons and see tag info, but just all the screen descriptions and the text on the screen are gibberish. I tried to select the proper screen type, but the problem still remains.

Has anyone see this before? Is this file just corrupt? Or does it have something to do with a version compatibility?

Thanks in advanced.

I think that series of HMI can run multiple operating systems. I have a GP2400-TC41-24V that is programmed using Pro-Designer. I don't know this for sure but my best guess is that you are looking at a program developed with a different development package.

Keith