Writing string into Excel

Charles1

Guys,

Does anyone know how I can get an Eaton/C-H ePRO PS Panelmate to write a string message into a cell on an Excel Woorksheet based on a bit register in the PLC. I can read values from Excel to the HMI and PLC and I can write a string to Excel using a readout block and pop-up querty keyboard. But my problem lies in how do I get a PLC tag to send a string of text to an Excel tag, when the PLC register is = 1.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

Fraid I don't know anything about the Eatons, but I wonder if it would be possible to flip that. You should be able to set up Excel to read the information from the PLC, then program another cell in Excel to display the string you want when the 1 shows up. Course, I am making an assumtion that your driver is either DDE or ODBC (or something similar) compliant.

-jeff