Ml1200 /paneview 600

phil hughes

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have read plenty of posts regarding the fixed comm port on the ml1200,however I am still not sure if it is possible to connect to a PV600 and use the configurable port for something else.

Think I found my answer,as long as the pv600 can be configured for DF1
The additional communications port (Programmer/HMI Port) enables
two communication devices to be connected to the controller
simultaneously. For example, it provides local connectivity of an
operator interface or programming terminal such as DF1 PanelView
HMI, IBM-compatible personal computer using RSLogix 500
programming software, or 1747-PSD program storage device, and also
allows the primary port (Channel 0) to be connected to either a
network, a modem, or an ASCII device such as a barcode reader or
weigh scale.

phil hughes said:
I have read plenty of posts regarding the fixed comm port on the ml1200,however I am still not sure if it is possible to connect to a PV600 and use the configurable port for something else.

Yes, only if your PV600 supports DF1 Full duplex protocol.