OT Float Switches

mrdmrd

hello everyone

I am looking for some information on float switches.

I am looking for a float switch for a pump control. I just need the standard ball float type.

The catch is that I need to control two seperate pumps from one float switch. I need a float switch with two contacts, one that will come on slighty above horizontal and one at around 45 degrees above horizontal.

Does such a beast exists and if so can anyone recommend one to me. I have tried to google it and I can not seem to find what I am looking for.
I know that it would be easier to just use 2 floats but that is not what the client is wanting unless there is no other option.

I would like to have both contacts N/O.

What do you all think.

Ive never heard of such a switch and even if was available it would be very expensive and also might be difficult to obtain a quick replacement should you ever have a problem.

Standard submersible float switches are very cheap about £30-£40 here in the UK and Ican think of no reason to overcomplicate the job.

Wouldnt life be easy if customers would just leave you to get on with it and stop interfering.