Wonderware Message popup confirmation button

gherz817

Is it possible to use a message popup for confirmation
of such a command like for example to start a motor in wonderware? What script should i use? Just Click
a button start a popup ("OK", "CANCEL") messagebox appear,
when you click "OK" then motor will start otherwise if "CANCEL"
messagebox will close and nothing happens to the motor.

gher817

Last edited:
That's easy in WonderWare.

What is your trigger for the popup to occur? If it's a start button on screen, you just make the button link to your popup screen.

If it's a bit from the PLC, you'll be using a data-change script, then on-true, it'll do the "Show WindowName" function.

Then, the OK button on your popup will be the trigger in the PLC to start the motor. The Cancel button will have a hideself; action, which will close the popup.

If you *really* want to use a regular messagebox, you can put something like this behind a button Action:

Code:
IF ( MessageBox( "This is a test message box", "Title", 1 ) == 1) THEN
  	 sResult = "You Clicked OK";
 ELSE
  	 sResult = "You Clicked Cancel";
  ENDIF;
That being said, in many cases you'll have more than one motor you want to control. In these cases it is probably a better idea to create a small popup window with indirect tags tied to some 'motor start/stop' buttons. Before you call the popup, use an action script to reassign the indirect tags on the popup to the motor of interest. This will allow you to control an arbitrary number of motors using a single popup.

Here's an example popup:
WWMotorPopup.png

Create a couple of 'Indirect Message' tags:
1. sIND_MtrDescription1
2. sIND_MtrDescription2

Create a couple of 'Indirect Discrete' tags:
1. bINDMtrManualOn
2. bINDMtrManualOff

To call the new popup, put something like this behind a button Action (where the 'bPLC_' bits are I/O Discretes):
Code:
Hide "Motor Popup";
  sIND_MtrDescription1.Value = "Top Chamber";
   sIND_MtrDescription2.Value = "Roughing Pump";
  bINDMtrManualOn.Name = "bPLC_SignalBit4862";
   bINDMtrManualOff.Name = "bPLC_SignalBit4863";
   Show "Motor Popup";