communication between panelview1000 and laptop

michaelchan

I am trying to use panelbuilder32 to upload application from panelview1000(2711-T10C8L1,color touch,FRN 4.10-4.XX) with cable 2711-NC13 from AB,but it does not work,Info(2018)-Verify your cable connections and If you are using a direct connection to a panelview via DF1,insure that the panelview does not have its printer port enabled would appear in the status window.One communication way I use is DF1 point to point(without RSlinx),every baud rate I've tried,the other is RS232 DF1 devices of RSlinx,I could not find panelview by RSWho browse. Why I want to upload the application,the reson is there should be some font characters missing,because the original font had been replaced by strange characters,it confused my operators.
So could anyone advise me how to fix the problem,tks.

Hi rpraveenkum,
I am using RSlinx on the other SLC/PLC with the same laptop's comport,it can connect with SLC or PLC.
PV could not appear online in RSWho in RSlinx at all.

michaelchan said:
I am trying to use panelbuilder32 to upload application from panelview1000(2711-T10C8L1,color touch,

This model Panelview uses DH+, are you able to see PV thru the DH+ driver in RSLinx Who, as it is the way I normally access the PV.

This unit also has a RS232 port which can be used as a printer port or for download.
Make sure its configured for download not printer.
If using the RS232 port use a straight thru cable.

If the serial port was previously set up for a printer, you will not be able to upload from it.

EDIT: If you can access the configuration mode menu from the exisitng panelview application you may be able to check/change the serial port settings to enable file transfer.

The DH+ comms will be much faster, or you should be able to use a PMCIA memory card, which is the fastest method of program transfer for a PV1000.

Last edited:
OkiePC said:
If the serial port was previously set up for a printer, you will not be able to upload from it.

EDIT: If you can access the configuration mode menu from the exisitng panelview application you may be able to check/change the serial port settings to enable file transfer.
How can I access the configuration mode menu?do I need any password?

michaelchan said:
Mickey
the cable is straight thru .

Is that a question or statement?
Yes it is straight thru

Cable.jpg

post your offline project and we can look at it.

1. As stated above, make sure you are hooked into the panelview using the rs232 port and that the port is confiqured for dowload not printing. You can look at the offline project under communications configurations for this info without going online.

2. Or use passthrough. If your slc/plc can see the panelview, then you should be able to see it as well in an rswho when communicating to the slc/plc. Is the little dh+ light on the slc/plc lit prior to plugging in your pc cable? This will tell you if you have communications between the panelview and the slc/plc.