DH 485 to serial PIC comm proplem

ggchavhan

Hi everybody

I want to connect SLC 5/03 to PC with the help of PIC converter here are some pictures of configuration. My problem is that in Who_Active RsLinx is not browsing the CPU. Please suggest me what to do.... I tried all whatever I can do.
Suggestions are highly appriciated.

ccc.JPG

www.JPG

Last edited:
First, with a 5/03 you may connect with a serial cable using a PCMCIA or USB adapter.

With the 1747-PIC you need a built in serial port on your computer, it will not work with USB or PCMCIA adapters. If that is the situation then you need to obtain a 1747-UIC.

This is correct but I want to conect it for DH485 prot from SLC to com1 of PLC please see the snapshots

Thanks

Is this what you have, if so make sure the SLC DH485 port node address is not "0". Do you have the offline file for the SLC ( if so check its port configuration). And do you have a real serial port as ask above.( have too have one)

PIC.jpg

Dear Mickey

I have only one SLC 5/03 that I want to connect to PC on COM1
Actually after configuration of RsLinx, I was expecting that node should show in Who_active but as per snap shot it is not showing. When I tried it on DF1 driver Node of CPU is showing 1. Please Guide

Thanks Mickey

Make sure only one driver is configured in RSLinx at a time. After you configure the 1747-AIC/PIC driver, stop and restart RSLinx. If that does not work then see PDF below and try step four. ( shutdown RSLinx do step four then restart)

If you are able to get online thru the serial port then check the configuation of the DH485 port ( node adress and baud rate, then match baud rate and have a diff. node adress for your PC in RSLinx).
You never did tell us if you have a real serial port.

Last edited:
Thanks Mickey

Yes I have real serial port. secondley I want to know that, I think station add in configuration is of programming device, then how to assingn node address to PLC?? In DF1 configuration node address is shown is 1. Am I missing something?????

GAJANAN

Better yet, I assume you have an offline copy of the program. Open it, click on controller properties and tell us what it says. Also open up channel configuration and tell us what that says too.

Jason_Adams said:
Better yet, I assume you have an offline copy of the program. Open it, click on controller properties and tell us what it says. Also open up channel configuration and tell us what that says too.

In addition to this , post your offline file here (.RSS file)
and we will take a look.

Thanks Mickey and all

Actually this is my first time to connect the SCC through PIC. Hence I am tring that it should connect first through RsLinx, then I will start for programming. But Istuck up at the inetial stage only. Now I am in doubt that the procedure followed by me is correct or not? What do you say?

Regards

does your SLC have the two ports one being the rs 232 port the other being the RS 485 port? If so and if you have a 1747-cp3 cable I would try connecting through the RS 232 port. Also make sure in control panel that Comm 1 is not in use

Last edited:
Dear Mordred

Yes, my SLC is having two port one for serial comm and other for DH 485, I could connect with the help of serial pore but problem with DH 485 using PIC converter. I have taken care of all aspect but still I stuck ....