OT A Friday funny

MartB

Lifetime Supporting Member
A mathmatician, a physicist, and an engineer were all given a red rubber ball and told to find the volume.

The mathmatician carefully measured the diameter and evaluated a triple integral.

The physicist filled a beaker with water, put the ball in the water, and measured the total displacement.

The engineer looked up the model and serial numbers in his red-rubber-ball table.

You Might Be an Engineer if...

• [*]
    your favorite James Bond character is "Q".

[*]
    you see a good design and still have to change it.

[*]
    you still own a slide rule and you know how to use it.

[*]
    your family haven't the foggiest idea what you do at work.

[*]
    in college you thought Spring Break was metal fatigue failure.

[*]
    you have modified your can-opener to be microprocessor driven.

[*]
    you are better with a Karnaugh map than you are with a street map.

[*]
    you think the real heroes of "Apollo 13" were the mission controllers.

[*]
    you take a cruise so you can go on a personal tour of the engine room.

[*]
    you make four sets of drawings (with seven revisions) before making a bird bath.

[*]
    you have trouble writing anything unless the paper has horizontal and vertical lines.

[*]
    your ideal evening consists of fast-forwarding through the latest sci-fi movie looking for technical inaccuracies.

[*]
    you think the value of a book is directly proportionate to the amount of tables, charts and graphs it contains.

MartB said:
A mathmatician, a physicist, and an engineer were all given a red rubber ball and told to find the volume.

The mathmatician carefully measured the diameter and evaluated a triple integral.

The physicist filled a beaker with water, put the ball in the water, and measured the total displacement.

The engineer looked up the model and serial numbers in his red-rubber-ball table.

Then a NewBe posted a new thread and asked if any one knew the volume of a red rubber ball?šŸŗ

MartB said:
You Might Be an Engineer if...you take a cruise so you can go on a personal tour of the engine room.

Actually, I tried and they won't give tours of the engine room (at least on Carnival)

MartB said:
You Might Be an Engineer if...

• The sales people at RadioShack can't answer any of your questions
  • You are aware that computers are actually only good for playing games
  • You bought your wife a new CD ROM for her birthday
  • You can type 70 words a minute but can't read your own handwriting
  • You comment to your wife that her straight hair is nice and parallel
  • You find yourself at the airport on your vacation studying the baggag handling equipment
  • You go on the rides at Disneyland and sit backwards in the chairs to see how they do the special effects
  • You use a CAD package to design your son's Pine Wood Derby car
and.... Your spouse sends you an email instead of calling you to dinner <---not for dinner, she says come home...

geniusintraining said:
  • You find yourself at the airport on your vacation studying the baggag handling equipment
Oh my god! Done that, many times. And I daren't watch discovery, "How it's made", "Myth busters" "Documentaries on absolutely anything" etc......

geniusintraining said:
  • The sales people at RadioShack can't answer any of your questions
  • You are aware that computers are actually only good for playing games
  • You bought your wife a new CD ROM for her birthday
  • You can type 70 words a minute but can't read your own handwriting
  • You comment to your wife that her straight hair is nice and parallel
  • You go on the rides at Disneyland and sit backwards in the chairs to see how they do the special effects
  • You use a CAD package to design your son's Pine Wood Derby car
and.... Your spouse sends you an email instead of calling you to dinner <---not for dinner, she says come home...

Haha, those are great! Some more that come to mind
  • Your hobbies seem to cost 10 times as much as everyone else's
  • Reading philosophy brings you out in a nasty rash
  • Your knowledge of TLAs is 1337
  • Reading tech sites is your idea of relaxing after work
And of course, the ultimate sign you are excessively rational
  • You start to wonder if there is a pattern to your girlfriend's behaviour

Binaural said:
You start to wonder if there is a pattern to your girlfriend's behaviour

LOL... then you start to think... if I could only program in a reset or control off