Siemens MP370 Symbol Animation

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have inserted a symbol from the standard built in symbol library (looks like the Reichard library to me).

I wish to use different colours to represent different states (ON/OFF/FAULT)

I have selected Animations>Appearance and assigned a tag.
I have made this an 'integer' tag and created 3 states for a value of 0,1 and 2 with different colours for each.

The colour does not work in runtime. I realise i can work around using 3 objects and play around with visibility bits but wonder why i cannot use the Animations>Appearance bit which looks very much like the Color Animation I am used to in in GE Cimplicity HMI

Edit : I am using WinCC Flexible 2005

Cheers

Hi Charles I have definetley ticked the box. I will post a screen grab later, my project is at work. I tried to do that but my screen grab was over 300kb so unable to post. I need to resize it to make it fit

Cheers

Thanks for the tip Jesper.

Image of screen area attached below (GIF). Sorry it is a zip file but had problems with the upload picture dialog not loading

Hi cjd1965.

I dont normally use the library graphics. This seems to be one of the reasons why I dumped them back when I started with WinCC Flexible.

The only animation that can be attached to the .wmf graphics are visiblity and flashing. Forground and background colors are ignored.

I create my own graphics from the simple objects, lines, circles, etc. and I can then add the desired animations. It does take some effort.

Thanks Jesper. I assume I need to do a workaround where i have 3 different blocks with visibility set to 0 / 1 / 2.

Seems a pity for Siemens to include nice graphics that you cannot animate.

/Rant On

I think that WinCC Flexible is not so flexible after all.

Cannot Export / Import a complete tag list to Excel
Cannot Export / Import a complete alarm list to Excel
Cannot animate included graphics library

All of which are functions i would expect from a modern package.

In the GE Fanuc world I am used to I can and do use all of the above to greatly minimise development time

/ Rant Off

Cheers