FM350-1 Siemens counter module

Leonardo

I need to periodically trigger 2 outputs at certain encoder value.
Siemens advices us to use a FM350-1 to do this.

For example:

When the actual count value (ACT_CNTV)=2000àtrigger DQ0

When the actual count value (ACT_CNTV)=5000àtrigger DQ1 AND reset the encoder value to start all over again.

The triggering of the two FM350-1 outputs is no problem, but my question is: how can I reset the encoder value, without lose of pulses.

A second question is that when I write a value to CMP_V1 or CMP_V2 (new comparator value) I expects to read this value in ACT_CMP1 and ACT_CMP2, but these variables stay 0.

Thank for your advice

Leonardo

In many cases you don't actually need to use the embedded inputs and outputs with its rather complicated setup. Get the counter value directly from the process image and use it together with an offset value. Never mind reseting the raw value in the counter module.

Example:
Address of the FM350-1 is 272..287. Then the raw count value (ACT_CNTV) is found in PID276.

Reserve a DINT for a UserCount value and another DINT for ZeroOffset value. On reset signal, the counter raw value PID276 is moved to ZeroOffset. This is performed in a single scan, on positive edge of the reset signal.

Reset:
A Reset
FP OneShotHelp
JNB END
L PID 276
T ZeroOffset
END: NOP 0
The UserCount updates in every scan:
L PID276
L ZeroOffset
-D
T UserCount
It's easier to make your own limit values with simple comparator (Greater than and/or Less Than) in the program, rather than the more complicatet procedure for evaluating the counter modules own limit values.

hi. thanks for your help about this problem. i have another question about hardware. how u configuration it for run? and take it as the manual direct. but it can't run, can you teach me more. thank your help