RSlogix activation question.

mjt

Hi! This question may have been addressed so if it has, please pont me in the right direction!

The company I work for has a legal copy of RSLogix500 with one activation on a floppy. I would like to be able to do programming at home and save it to disk to take to work or print on paper. I am allowed to take the installation CD home and install into my computer but I can't run it without the activation. Is there any way to run without it, like in a demo mode?

Thanks!

Thanks, Mickey. Unfortunately, the company will not allow me to take the disk home. Can I personally buy another activation? Don't know if the company will....

Just noticed that the PDF was discussing RSLinx. I don't need RSLinx at home to run RSLogix 500 do I? I wouldn't be downloading to a PLC from home.

There is a way to do a demo of the software. well not actually a demo because it unlocks it as fully functional. The one catch is it is used by sales people to advertise the product so it does not have a key that you can install. You must use the floppy and I beleive it has some sort or time limitation on it. If you would like a copy of this sent me your email and i will email it to you. It is not a crack or hack or a key. I obtained it from our distributor and you need the floppy in order to run the software. So in essense it is kind of a demo. I think it has a run time of 2 hours per run or something like that. I have never used it at home for that long of time so I can not say 100%but I know it works.

mjt said:
Hi! This question may have been addressed so if it has, please pont me in the right direction!

The company I work for has a legal copy of RSLogix500 with one activation on a floppy. I would like to be able to do programming at home and save it to disk to take to work or print on paper. I am allowed to take the installation CD home and install into my computer but I can't run it without the activation. Is there any way to run without it, like in a demo mode?

Thanks!

mrtweaver said:
There is a way to do a demo of the software. well not actually a demo because it unlocks it as fully functional. The one catch is it is used by sales people to advertise the product so it does not have a key that you can install. You must use the floppy and I beleive it has some sort or time limitation on it. If you would like a copy of this sent me your email and i will email it to you. It is not a crack or hack or a key. I obtained it from our distributor and you need the floppy in order to run the software. So in essense it is kind of a demo. I think it has a run time of 2 hours per run or something like that. I have never used it at home for that long of time so I can not say 100%but I know it works.

Hi! You mean I would have to have the activation disk at home oto run it? I don't think I would be allowed to take it home. They are kind of funny like that...

Thanks

How if you do some illegally tricks. Just copy that license then you can take it home.
As long as its not use for commercial.

mjt said:

Thanks!

The demo mode I know of was, and I think still is available is, RSLogix 500 Starter 10 point Micro Logix 1000 English
I think its available as a down load or contact your rep for a CD
This has most of the functionallity of Logix 500 but just throttles the I/O available

Using bits instead of I/O allows more capability.

If you are just wanting a self training aid the above achieves that goal.
If your employer really wants you to work from home he would buy you an activation

rPraveenkum said:
Good solution

Install the activation in Pendrive take it with you

(y) (y) (y) (y)

OK, really don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have to ask, is it possible to install activations to a thumb drive, memory stick, flash drive (or whatever you want to call it)?

I have a couple of machines that I have to transport activations to/from occasionally and doing it with a memory stick would save my nerves (floppies scare me, they're so unreliable).

OK, really don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have to ask, is it possible to install activations to a thumb drive, memory stick, flash drive (or whatever you want to call it)?

I have a couple of machines that I have to transport activations to/from occasionally and doing it with a memory stick would save my nerves (floppies scare me, they're so unreliable).

rockwell recommends it

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rockwellautomation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=31319&p_created=1110862800&p_sid=*yxLuBEi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQ6MSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NSw1JnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9RVZtb3Zldw**&p_li=&p_topview=1

MartB said:
The original post conveyed the idea to me that his company did not wish for the floppy with the activation to leave the plant. (The floppy may or may not contain the actual activation depending on if it was transferred, but could be used to boot his home computer, but that is a different issue.)

What I find strange is that now it's okay to take a flash drive with the activation home? Managers just don't have a clue.

For the record, I agree with Ken Moore. Put the activation on the laptop. Take the laptop home. Leave the other stuff at work. And if nobody likes it because you can't do extra work at home, I guess you can't do extra work at home, now can you?