for all the controllogix xsperts (function block help)

ghriver

Ok got an easy one. i have a scaled (4-20) signal scaled with the scl block in controllogix. the scaled output (0-100 tank level %) is used in ladder to do a pump up pump down (start pumping when tank level reaches 50% then latch in until tank pumps down to 20%). In ladder this is real easy. How would i do this in function block so i can keep it all together?

Haven't tested this, but I think it will work....

FBD.jpg

thx, that will work, i was hoping there was some instruction i was missing to make it less cluttered and easier to trouble shoot. I guess i will stick to the logic to do it. Well maybe not, I use the function block and see if anyone complains. :)

Thx again.

Thanks Gerry. I'm an old PLC5 guy who has only recently entered the ControlLogix world. The SETD block is a much more elegant solution than my And/Or logic. The ALM block will also work by setting the high alarm limit at 50 and the deadband to 30. But visually, the SETD is the better solution.

This old dog still likes to try new tricks.

Right click on the output of the BOR block and check "Assume Data Available" and it will compile.

I think Gerry has a better solution.

Here's how you could do it using the ALM block:

OnOffLevelController_.png

Attached is the above logic wrapped as an AddOn (remove the .txt extension to import)

-Trevor

Last edited:
danny.michael said:
Here is the logic for the SETD block:

FBD1.jpg

danny

use RESD inplace of SETD for safety conditions you have to stop based on emergency PB & OLR

Here the difference is

RESD

The Reset input has precedence over the Set input.

SETD

Set input has precedence over the Reset input.