OT. Math problem

Potter

I've read many threads on here on which some of you have displayed a very high level of mathematical knowledge, so I was wondering if anyone can help me with this one.
I need to transpose the formula
Q = C(h+a)^b

I need it in the form h = ?????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I know this isn't a PLC question, but the other internet forums I belong to relate to iether soccer or rock music, so you guys are by best hope!)

Hello Potter;

Here are the steps to solve your equation for h:

equation.jpg

Nothing magic, just apply basic algebraic techniques.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Not so quick there with those kinds of comments. A blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion.

It all looks so very simple now, maybe I should have tried a little harder myself.

The irony is that though I say so myself I've always had an above average aptitude with anything mathematical, guess I'm getting a bit lazy in my old age.

Thanks for the help again.

Note that depending on the value of b, the '(Q/C) to the power of 1/b' term could be +/- :) (2 squared=4, -2 squared=4)