Citect Help

gherz817

I 'm a new citect user. I want to create a report every
evryday. I dont know how to make a cicode
that records a certain tags value every two hours and will be printed at the end of the day.

Somebody could help me?

Thanks...

gherz817

You could create a "device" in Citect that is something like a dbf file or a csv file. Have a field for every tag that you want to record. You would need to write some cicode using the device functions (check the on-line help for documentation on the following functions

DevOpen()
DevWriteLn()
DevClose()

Then you could create a report that is run every two hours. This report would

1: Open the Device
2: Write Current Tag values to the device (into the relevant fields)
3: Close the Device.

You would also need to write some cicode to print this report once in 24 hrs.

I would suggest that first of all read thought Citect's online help especially the Device fucntions, then once you have some idea's (and more questions) hopefully we can fill in the gaps.

HelpMe...

I just started to play with citect scada software. i very hope can pick up fast on this software, especially on database part. I need you guys help.

Anybody could provide me an example on any of simple project, like: user key-in something on page, then click on submit button, then the key-in info will store in database(ms access)?

Thanks.

The citect example project has a working recipe page which has code which similar to what you require except that the database is a dbf file. If you need to use ms access then you will need to use SQL have a read of teh Citect help section concerning SQL.

hi consys, thanks for ur respond.

i'm using the version 6.1, so didnt see got recipe page inside. Then i found it out in citect version 5.4.2. Anyway, again, thanks dude.

Hi gherz817,

I have also a other solution. You can Trend your values every two ours.

Then you can define a event and export the trend files to a CSV file.

(Cicode TrnExportCSV function, see citect help) Then you can print them via a dos batch file or cicode WinPrintFile function. You can execute the batch file via exec function from citect.

A other solution which is much powerful is to buy a addon. E.g. SCADAReports from Citect (which is to expensive) or Dream Report. You can download a Demo Version form Dream Report (www.scada.ch).

Regards,

Jochen

Hi KevinPhoa,

here are a short example how you can use device function. I changed this a little bit. It write to a DBase file. The project is build with Citect V6.10 !

Regards,

Jochen

BTW: ScadaReports or Dream Report can do this job easily !

hi jochenk,

Thanks. But where can i find your short example? i didnt see u attach any file regarding of the example u meant. i cant wait to see ur example :p
perhaps u could send to my email? [email protected]

Thanks,
kevin

Citect variable tag help

Hello All,

I have values recorded for different timestamps stored in an array of consecutive registers in a Quantum PLC (410701 - 410796). Is it possible to create a variable tag in Citect for reg 410701 and then index through the array using the variable tag to retrieve the values? if so how do i do it?

Is there a better way?

THanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

Charles

Hello All,

I have values recorded for different timestamps stored in an array of consecutive registers in a Quantum PLC (410701 - 410796). Is it possible to create a variable tag in Citect for reg 410701 and then index through the array using the variable tag to retrieve the values? if so how do i do it?

Is there a better way?

THanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

Charles

Ive never used it myself, but you should be able to define an array in Citect by creating a tag (eg INTarray) with an address of 410701[96].

You then should be able to reference each element of the array by using the tag INTarray[0] etc.

I want to print a report in citect scada.Can anybody explain me the whole procedure?

Reports are a fairly complex feature of citect and can be used in many ways. You can also achieve the same results using events.
Your best bet is to read up on the help files (they are quite good) and come back with specific questions.