Data tranfer from SLC5/05 to CL.

MGuenette

Hi,

I looked on the forum but i did not find any answer about if it's or it is not possible to transfer date from SLC5/05 to controllogix. Both PLCs are on ethernet

I would like to tranfer some integer to get all my production info in the same PLC.

Thanks
Martin.

Please give actual article numbers as clicking on that link takes you to a login page. Even after logging in, there is no forwarding to the page/link.

MGuenette said:
Hi,

I looked on the forum but i did not find any answer about if it's or it is not possible to transfer date from SLC5/05 to controllogix. Both PLCs are on ethernet

I would like to tranfer some integer to get all my production info in the same PLC.

Thanks
Martin.

Are you trying to sync the clock on both PLCs 'date', or are you just wanting to pass 'data' ?

Ian

curlyandshemp said:
Are you trying to sync the clock on both PLCs 'date', or are you just wanting to pass 'data' ?

Ian

Passing data.. The packaging area works with SLC5/05 and I want to trak the number of produced cases to the ControlLogix where I remote each downtime of the machine.

Thanks
Martin.

MGuenette said:
Passing data.. The packaging area works with SLC5/05 and I want to trak the number of produced cases to the ControlLogix where I remote each downtime of the machine.

Thanks
Martin.

This is a screen shot of an ethernet read from a SLC 5/05

june2207.jpg

If the contrologix controls the reads and writes, there is no need for a mapping table, but of the SLC 5/05 controls the messaging, a mapping table is required in the contrologix

Ian

Last edited:
curlyandshemp said:
If the contrologix controls the reads and writes, there is no need for a mapping table, but of the SLC 5/05 controls the messaging, a mapping table is required in the contrologix

Ian
You are absolutely right. Sorry I only do reads thats why I use the mapping when going the other direction.

theDave2 said:
Please give actual article numbers as clicking on that link takes you to a login page. Even after logging in, there is no forwarding to the page/link.
Yes, its annoying. However, if you login and come back to this webpage and click on the link again it will take you to the right technote.

Thanks,

but in the case of i just read an integer in the SLC like N7:7, do I need to setup something in the SLC?

also, what I need to put in the "path" dialog box"
I found this on the ethernet, but I cant find any explication
Slot_1, 0, 172.30.16.80, 1, 1

thanks
Martin.

MGuenette said:
Thanks,

but in the case of i just read an integer in the SLC like N7:7, do I need to setup something in the SLC?

also, what I need to put in the "path" dialog box"
I found this on the ethernet, but I cant find any explication
Slot_1, 0, 172.30.16.80, 1, 1

thanks
Martin.

From the online help files

msg_1001.jpg

msg_1002.jpg

I have this
So I want to read the integer N7:7 in my slc-5/05 at the address : 172.30.16.80. The Enet cable is connected on the processor (slot 0) and it's the port #2.

I want to read only N7:7 so I writed "1" in "number of elements"
I want to write this number in "z_nombre_caisses".
It should be right?

Configuration.jpg

Communication.jpg

Thanks for your help...this little thing drive me crazy!

I always have communication failure

Here's my RSLINX
RSLINX.jpg

Martin.

Finally it works,

I just undurstood what was the problem.

Whats was wrong :
"backplan to read", "port to read", "IP to read"

instead of:

"backplane from", "port from", "IP to read"

Buy reading your email and looking at your IO tree, I understood.

Your help have been really appreciated.

Thanks again!

Martin.