GOT1000 tag addressing

Killercal

I have a question about GOT1000 HMI. It is connected to a QnA series PLC via Ethernet. I have proven that the communications work because I can read a value of the device D111. Now the rest of the tags won't work because we can only use the A series ethernet comms driver in the for the GOT and the device registers that I need to look at are to out of range for the A series.

My question is, can anyone tell me or point me to the proper manual that will let me know what those max device values are?

Thanks in advanced,

Killercal,

You write:

Killercal said:
we can only use the A series ethernet comms driver
Where, exactly, are you setting this? I ask because I have not run into this limitation before. Have you checked your System Settings to verify they are correct.

Picture.JPG

Perhaps this should have you talking using the right driver.

Steve

Joe,
I know about the free manuals from MEAU.com, but I was wondering if someone could point me to the right manual, instead of searching through a bunch of manuals. Just takes a lot of time to find what I'm looking for. Thanks for you response though.

Steve,
I have that same "controller type" selected in my GOT settings, but I still can't see anything. What I'm trying to see is device R10000 to R12000, these tags just don't show up. In the communication Settings I have "QJ71E71/AJ71(Q)E71" selected for the Extend I/F-1 Driver. Have you ever been able to see an "R" device on your GOT before? If so, have you ever used a value as high as the ones I'm using?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

No, I must say I have never had occasion to use R-values that high. Furthermore, I also do not know what documentation would show this.

If you are in a bind, I would suggest writing a bit of code in the PLC to move this data in your devices to some unused, but readable registers. Something like [MOV R10000 D2000] and [MOV R12000 D2002] should do it (assuming D2000 through D2003 are available, of course).

Steve

Steve Etter said:
Scott,

If you are in a bind, I would suggest writing a bit of code in the PLC to move this data in your devices to some unused, but readable registers. Something like [MOV R10000 D2000] and [MOV R12000 D2002] should do it (assuming D2000 through D2003 are available, of course).

Steve

Yeah I was trying to avoid doing this, because of the lack of a block of availible address, but I think this is what I'm going to have to do. šŸ™ƒ

Anyways, thanks for your help and quick responce.