OPC connection via dialup modem link

RB_Dim

Did anybody try to set OPC connection via dialup phone line? If it is possible, what troubles can occurs with DCOM configuration?
Thanx a lot.

Hello RB_Dim;

I haven't tried it myself, but I have read from various vendors of OPC servers that their software supports modem connections (Matrikon, amongst others, if I remember well).
Have a look at what the OPC foundation proposes:
http://www.opcfoundation.org/Search.aspx
and Search on dial-up, Modems...

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Similar Topics

Hi. We have several automation systems on a plant which runs on different PLC’s. We also have a topside network system that shows all the...
Replies
Views
I'm interested to know how to configure the OPC connection between the YOKOGAWA DCS and the Siemens VIA CC servers. Is anybody is having the idea...
Replies
Views
Folks, I have a client with an old ABB Advant / MOD300 system (v14.4). Around y2k I installed the ABB Industrial IT MOD300 OPC Server 1.1/2...
Replies
Views
Ye..llow everyone! I need some help on this: I have TIA project with an Siemens HMI connected to an OPC server. This HMI has the file name...
Replies
Views
I am using an excel spreadsheet to pull data from a PLC via OPC. The spreadsheet was not built by me but I have been using it for about 4 years...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom