RJ12 to RS485

OK, what does the RJ12 need to plug into?

And for that matter, what does the DB9 need to plug into? Male/female?

IOW, we don't know what you're working on. You'll get a better response if you say "I need the wiring diagram for connections from brand x item (RJ12) to brand y item (DB9)"

The 'standard wiring' will vary from brand to brand. I guess that's why they call it 'standard'?... :rolleyes:

beerchug

-Eric

I am currently making an RS232 to RS485 converter and the only schematic i could find uses an RJ12 for the RS485 output. Thus i have a diagram with an RJ12, but i want to use a DB9 MALE instead. I just need the pin diagrams for the RJ12 and the DB9. Different websites have different pin diagrams.

Thanks

Andrew, the reason different sites have different pinouts is because every manufacturer has their own "standards" for the connections. It isn't a universal standard. If you are building your own converter, you can makeyour own pinout designations. If you are connecting specific equipment, you need that manufacturer's info.