Mitsubishi Q64AD-GH

henry5674

Hi,
i wish to connect a two wire pressure transducer to a Q64ad-gh analog card, i have checked the manuals and even though it doesn't specify 2 0r 4 wire it looks like i can only connect a 4 wire transducer. Anyone connected a two wire to one of these? if so does the 24v come from the card? this is only my second dealing with analog switches, And mistubishi for that fact!
the switch by the way is an IFM PA3026

thanks for any advice

On page 1-1 of Q62AD-DGH Q64-GH User's Manual (article number 146547) it reads.
Manual said:
(3) Power supply to 2-wire transmitter (Q62AD-DGH only)
Supplying power to the 2-wire transmitter, the Q62AD-DGH does not require the power supply for the 2-line transmitter.
Supply power can be switched ON/OFF channel-by-channel by the A/D cinversion enable/disable setting.

Didn't even see those modules, but according to that, I suppose you can connect two-wire transcuders to Q62AD-DGH only.

yea it seems to indicate that but does it mean that with the Q62ad-dgh the supply voltage comes from the card allowing it to be switched on/off but with a Q64ad-gh you can use a 2 wire but the supply is connected some other way. If not is there a way to connect a 2 wire to a four wire card?

you can use 2, 3 or 4 wire, you just need to wire them correctly.
since 2-wire transducers are 4-20mA devices and Q64AD-GH does not have P terminals, it means you need to wire:
1. positive terminal of the 2-wire transducer to +24V,
2. negative transducer terminal goes to both V+ and I+ terminal of the analog card
3. V- of the analog card will be wired to 0VDC of the mentioned 24VDC power supply.

The card is basically voltage in...
To measure current, you must use resistor (it is provided for each channel, it is wired internally between I+ and V- terminals).
This is why you must use jumper between V+ and I+ when card is expecting current signal.

Ok, just found manual SH(NA)080277:
Q64AD-GH.jpg

That was in 4.4.2 (External Wiring) or page 76 of my manual (version F).
Btw. Q62AD-GH is 2-channel only, it has P terminals which can be used to power 2-wire devices but card does not produce 24V, you need to bring external 24V to proper terminals of this card...
The only thing different between +24V and P terminal is that current on P terminal is limited...

Last edited: