Simenes Sitop Power doubts

juanmdx

Hi there,

I'm working with a Simenes Sitop Power (DC-USV-Modul 40, 6EP1931-2FC01), but it's not working well, the batteries aren't suppliying power when the main power goes off, I'm thinking I've something connected wrong on the X2 On/off pins I was thinking on putting on that pins a timer but I'm not shure.

Does anyone have worked with this equipment?, If you think you could help me if I put more info just tell me please.

Here are some technical data:
The power supply have this pins:

X1.-
1 (L+) -> Energy +
2 (L+) -> Load +
3 (M-) -> Energy -
4 (M-) -> Load -
X2.-
1 Alarm
2 Alarm - this is internaly conected to 3
3 Alarm - this is internaly conected to 2
4 Battery
5 Battery - this is internaly conected to 6
6 Battery - this is internaly conected to 5
7 On/Off
8 On/Off
9 Protection - Right now I'm not connecting this to the PE

Thanks for your time

Juan

On the operation manual, the pin On/Off is like this:

7__
\
8__

So it's a normally open, and it says this:

Input signal ON/ OFF: - making/cancelling readiness to buffer with mains
operation
- switching off the battery with battery operation
- external N. O. contact, potential-free
- load: Umax = 12V DC, SELV
I max = 5mA

but I'm not shure what and how does it work...

Juan

I haven't worked with your specific UPS module, but I have used the Sitop DC-UPS-module 6. These operate very similar to the Module 40's.

They are delivered in the 'off' state, this means that the module will not switch over to battery supply if the mains supply fails, you need to connect X2-7 and X2-8 to turn the module 'on'. In the on state it will switch to full battery power in the event of a mains failure or if the mains voltage dips the batteries will also come on line to 'top up' the mains.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for your post, it was really helpful, I only have another question and I was hoping you could help me:

What could be the purpose of leaving the UPS on the OFF state?

Maybe I need to leave it on the ON state and when a failure on the main power occurs the battery will enter and after that (main power

returns) I need to switch to the OFF state for a little while or it's ok to leave the UPS on the ON state always?

The way to setting the On state is only by conecting the X2-7 and X2-8 together right?

juanmdx said:

What could be the purpose of leaving the UPS on the OFF state?

Good question, I can't think of any reason to leave the UPS in the off state, you might need to switch it off, though, to change the batteries for example.

juanmdx said:
Maybe I need to leave it on the ON state and when a failure on the main power occurs the battery will enter and after that (main power returns) I need to switch to the OFF state for a little while or it's ok to leave the UPS on the ON state always

I would leave it switched on all the time, there is no need to switch it off after a power failure, we leave our module 6's permanently on.

juanmdx said:
The way to setting the On state is only by conecting the X2-7 and X2-8 together right?

That's what the operating instructions state.

Paul