RSView SE Globally scoped VBA?

tvey

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm in the process of converting an RSView32 project to RSView SE 4.0.

I've converted most of the RSView32 VBA over to the SE model without too much trouble. However, I have a number of helper functions I'd like to make accessible project-wide (as opposed to SE's display-specific model).

I found an app note in the Rockwell knowledgebase that seems to work, but it's kind of awkward and seems a little cumbersome:

1. Create a "VBA_Master" display and add some VBA

2. Have a 'startup' macro silently load the display
(always updating but not visible): 'Display VBA_Master /ZA'

3. From any display, call a function in the 'VBA_Master' display like this (no intellisense!):
Code:
'declare a 'Displays' collection and assign the to the 'LoadedDisplays' object
  Dim ds As Displays
  Set ds = LoadedDisplays

'run the procecure MethodName that is contained on the 'VBA_Master' display.
  ds.Item("VBA_Master").MethodName parameter1, parameter2
Is anyone aware of a better way to do this?

-Trevor