OT......Outlook 2003

XtremeIN

Hello all,
As the title says I am having some issues with Outlook 2003. Being we are a VERY small company we have no IT, so it is up to me to figure this out. I use several computers in our building: one in my office, one in the production/R&D area, and I have a laptop. The problem I am having is I do not know how to set Outlook up so I can get my email on any of the three computers. Right now I can only get it on one of them. I think their is a way to keep my mail on the server so I can use all three computers........
Thanks,
Micheal

Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > Change existing account > Change > More settings.

I am glad we don't have an IT dept...

screencap0114dj8.jpg

It's been a while, but I'll try and get you on the right track.

E-mail is setup on the client machines using the Microsoft Exchange server option in Outlook account settings. I believe all you have to provide is the server name. Since you are a small company, I would assume you have only one server that acts as your domain controller, file server, print server, etc.

Also in the active directory on the domain controller, when you set up a user, enter that user's email address as part of the setup. This way it becomes a single log on system. You can go to any computer on the network and log on to windows, and outlook will automatically set itself up for the logged in user.

We migrated to Lotus Notes about a year ago, so I can't look for you. Hope this helps.

Last edited: