OPC for Rslogix 500 Emulate

andijkt75

Dear friends,
I am trying to use Rslogix 500 Emulate to emulate PLC in my PC, and I try to use Infilink software for HMI.
Is that possible to combine them? What OPC should I use? RSLinx or KEP?
I tried both but still can not work.
Thx

Hi Andijkt

Using RsLinx you can connect RsEmulate to Infilink scada.
STEP 1. Create the topic in RsLinx
STEP 2. Cconfigure Tags in Infilink for OPC server RsLinx

If you want to use RSLinx, the "free" RSLinx "Lite" won't work. You'll need one of the higher versions of linx.

Doesn't matter which version of Linx it is. It must be a "licensed" version (Not the free RSLinx "Lite") for this to work.

opc for rs emulate except rslinx

OZEE said:
Doesn't matter which version of Linx it is. It must be a "licensed" version (Not the free RSLinx "Lite") for this to work.

Is there any opc other than rslinx that can connect to rs emulate 500?

RSLinx Classic is the only OPC Server that can connect to RSEmulate 500.

You must have at least the "OEM Single Node" license for RSLinx Classic.

Ken Roach said:
You must have at least the "OEM Single Node" license for RSLinx Classic.
I think that "RSLinx Single node" is OK, if andijkt75 just have to connect to that single simulated SLC500. It is half the price of RSLinx OEM.

Df1

hi guys, does anyone knows how to connect rslogix 500 emulator to Kepserver? My case is like this, I have :
- rslogix 500 configuration/ladder file from my site PLC
- config file from site kepserver for the PLC
- config file from site infilink for the PLC

I am trying to simulate the process in my PC by using those files. fyi, the system does not use OPC but use DDE (Kep). I see that the kepserver is configured with DF1 driver (so i think in site the kep always get data from DF1 - RS232 port). While my emulate doesn't be associated with any port (am i right?).

So, is there possible to simulate those system?

Rgds