Connect Schneider Premium to Siemens S7

aikona

I want (need) to connect a schneider premium PLC with a Siemens S7-400 PLC using TCPIP but if I read this correctly schneider uses modbus tcp against 'normal'tcp on Siemens PLC's . Some info on 'HowTo' . My knowledge of Schneider is zero ( yet)

Eric

Premium has both Modbus TCP and Open TCP

With Premium, you can use two protocols on TCP/IP. The first is the most used protocol for automation over Ethernet ... Modbus. There is plenty of gateways to connect third party, even a Siemens :)
Otherwise,, you can also run the Profinet routines inside a Ethernet module of a Premium using a totally open format called Open TCP. Here you directly address the Ethernet socket. It's quite complicated so I came to know that Schneider has developped a ready-to-use library package for that. I've seen a demo once and that's great. You should try to contact Schneider teams in US who developped that.

Gizmir

We bought a package from Siemens ( TCP_Modbus) and will install one of these days ... I may call on you again soon , si ca vous derange pas .

Eric