Rsview Me user level security

plcnovel

Hi All
Another question, can i somehow lock those graphic displays for access which are being changed by my Logic through global connections (read display number) . I want to lock some of my configuration screens at the operator level, but since these screens control by my program in PLC, it is bypassing the user level security. Is there any way around to this problem?

Regards

I've done something like this before. Put a numeric entry enable button on the screen. When they enter the correct number in the "password", open the protected screen. On the protected screen place a pushbutton that they will use to exit. When that is pushed move a zero into the "password". It's kind of a tedious way to do it.

Another option is that when the read display number = 0, the Panelview application controls what screen is displayed, so when they are at a point that they will need to access the protected screen, write a zero to the read display number and let the application drive.

You can use Makros (Login/Logout)to change a variable in PLC whenever the User changes in Panelview (system\User). In this way you are able to know which user is logged in and block the Screen change in your PLC if it's the wrong user.