RSTrendX in RSView32

dennis8437

I am developing an application in RSView 32 and I need a little help. My app has several trends in it (RSTrendX), and this is where my question is. When you “click” in the field of the trend, your action sets a scroll bar marker. On this bar are the values of the trended variables and the time. How can I get a hold of these values captured on that scroll bar? What I want to do is click on the trend at the time that an incident occured and those values are loaded into another graphic screen or calculation.

Thank you,

Dennis8437

1 In TrendX you can click on the trend and drag a box around the values and time and the trend zooms on that area.

2 At runtime if its been made available, it is possible to set a fixed X time span, and add trend pens temporaraly to an existing trend so you can view up to 16 pens from mixed datalogging models.

3 Do you know how to access the .dbf files of your data logging model, where there is a tag file, a data file, and a string file.
with the time stamp they are findable when the files are viewed in Excel.

Come back with further question if you want more detailed info

Snapshot

"With TrendX, you can capture a snapshot of graphed data, save it with a file name, and then place that saved data over the top of currently trending data. This feature allows you to easily overlay and compare historical data with current data or any multiple sets of data.

To create and display a snapshot file

1 Using the TrendX control property tabs, configure the pens, start date and time, time span, and other trending options that you want to include in the snapshot file.
2 Run the TrendX control.
3 To capture the chart data, right-click and select Create Snapshot. Save the snapshot with a file name.
4 To add the snapshot file to the TrendX control, open the chart properties and click the Overlays tab.
5 Click the Add button. Select the new snapshot file name.
6 To show and hide the snapshot on the trend chart, run the TrendX control. Right-click the trend and select Overlays > snapshot file name > Show or Hide from the context menu."
Search snapshot in the help files... if this is what you are after

Thank you for your responses, but I need to manipulate the data, not the picture. Yes we can get to the data from the log files but I was looking for a very simple "point and click" method.
Again, Thank you,

Dennis8437

If it is 2 values you are wanting to do the maths with,
then get those 2 values into a plc, do the maths to create the value,
make a new tag, add it to datalogging model, add a new pen,
then you have the value already available on your value bar.

I would say a picture is worth a 1000 words
but then I don't know your exact situation.

A picture IS worth a thousand words. Let's see if I can load a picture into this forum.

ShowandTell.gif

I hope this helps illustrate what I want.

Thank you,
Dennis8437

Thank you but this doesn't get me where I need to go. I need to have that value load into another tag so that I can play with it. I want this to happen just by "clicking" on the graph at the point of interest.

GIT and I have given methods to acheive what I feel you are asking for.

If I am to help you any further, I feel you need to explain more about your process, your values, and how you are going to play with the data from the value bar.
I dont think a drag and drop method is available in RSView, but would be achievable if using Excel

Why must we involve Excel? Can we not load that value that appears in that little flag directly? You click on the chart and the number appears in box. It appears in a box at the top of the chart- that is part of the value bar. My question is how do we snag that number, the one that is displayed in the little flag of the value bar?

dennis8437 said:
Why must we involve Excel?

Because the 'easy button' is broken...

You might be able to do a 'snap shot' then pole that using a DDE... But why? why would you want to? if this system has a PLC then do it in the PLC, with a time stamp you should be able to extract the data from the PLC then place it in the tag of your choice

But either one is not going to be easy... remember the buttons broke

Let us know if you ever do it and how, someone else may have done this before but I have not

Good luck