Need help - STEP7 and AnyBus Communicator

Gedas

Need help connecting CPU 313C-2DP and AnyBus ABC-PDP commnicator ( Profibus). Maybe somebody have tested program for STEP7, which just reads 1 word ?

Gedas,

Can you give us a bit more information on this Anybus product?

Is the module you are using the Anybus serial to Profibus DP converter (order number AB7000)?

This was the nearest match that I could find by doing a search on Profibus web site

Some more information please!

Paul

Thanks for replies,

I have GSD file for this device (Anybus serial to Profibus DP - AB7000), but I cant communicate with it. Maybe communicator is not working properly, or I am doing somethin wrong. There is step by step instructions for STEP7 and AnyBus communicator, but it stil dont works. I am trying to connect Santerno inverter ( Modbus RTU ) with Profibus DP, but I cant communicate with Profibus side of communicator.

Could you please send me (or tell me where to find) the step by step instructions for STEP7 and AnyBus communicator?
I need to do a simular project
thank you very much

Hi Gedas.

Did you import the Anybus GSD file in the HW config of the 313C-2DP ?
Have you examined the diagnostics buffer in the 313C-2DP ?
Have you examined the hardware diagnostics in the 313C-2DP ?
If so, what was the result ?

edit:
o_O
And when I hit the "post" button, I see that the original post is from 2003 !

I am configuring Anybus compactcom profibus module in Step7. Its mapping has Read and Read/Write data, but the GSD file include either Input or Output formats. How can I configure R/W data in Step7 HW configuration?