ControlLogix DF1 question

cjh

Periodically, the PLC (DF1 Half Duplex slave) will return a DLE EOT to a DLE ENQ stn BCC.
I've looked at the data with a comm. analyzer and everything in the request is valid. As a matter of fact, it is the same exact request that was sent hundreds of times before this one that received the EOT but the PLC responded with data to all the previous requests.
I've looked through the DF1 document and it says that the PLC 'has no data to transmit'.
Does anyone know exactly what this means?

Never mind, I see what it is.

Apparently, the PLC gets busy occasionally so you have to keep sending the 'Poll' (DLE ENQ stn BCC) until you get your data reply.

Similar Topics

Does anyone know if panelview standard DF1 Vs controlLogix DF1are the same cable / pinout? I have a 1756-CP3 and trying to use it on a Panelview...
Replies
Views
We are replacing a PLC3 with a new ControlLogix. There is an existing mainframe application that communicates with the PLC3 via a 1770-KF2 (DF1...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Tried searching for this problem but couldn't find any previous posts. We have a piece of machinery that has a ControlLogix 5555...
Replies
Views
Hi, On a project, we have so far been able to establshi communication between a -L63 Controllogix PLC and a Thrid Party DCS. We defined a PLC2...
Replies
Views
On the application i'm working on, i have to communicate an Allen-Bradley SLC500 with a Controllogix by DF1 without using any additional module...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom