Alarm Display Format in Citect

consys

Good Morning List (at leats it is here). I want to change the default Alarm Display Format in Citect. Inthe documentation it states that this particular parameter can be modified in either the citect.ini file or in the project itself. Difference being that if mod is in citect.ini then the mod is restricted to that PC only while if it is in the project then the mod is project wide. My problem is that I need this mod to be pc specific. Now when I change the [alarm]DefDspFmt in the ini file Citect fails to recognise it correctly. Specifically it doesn't interpret The "^t" as a "tab" but displays it on the alarm page. I have asked Citect Support their answer was basically that this issue will be treated as an "enhancment" and that I should make the mod in the project andthen swap category dbf files as required.
My initial response was that I hope they "enhance" the documetation so that it accurately reflects how this parameter works. Second response was this thread..any one out there know of any alternatives to their solution.

You can set up different alarm categories and use those. There you can set up alarm and summary format to suit yourself, although I am not sure this ie really what you want.

We are trialling a new alarm page and as such I need to keep originals intact for "normal" use and provide new ones for operator comment etc. This project already has approx 40 different categories of alarms and is displayed accress 12 pc's. Current method of updating is pretty well automated so I don't want to change that too much by excluding or adding certain files for certain pc's. Also the catergory is already displayed on existing summary so I don't want to duplicate all categories and then try to explain to operators "that category 124 is the same as 24 it's just that..." Ideally I would like the "demo" PC to just use a diferent set of default display formats than everyone else then when new foramt is accepted everyone swings over or , if new format is rejected "demo" swings back.

Thanks Bob, when I finally managed to get some time I searched thru citect documentation. I think I figured out what you meant. I can create a new format that display fields I want and then use AlarmSetInfo() to displaty all alarms currently being shown according to my new format. Hopefully just a few lines of cicode on page entry or similar.