Siemens PLCSim

silva.foxx

Hello chaps (& chappesses)

I have a S7 program with a 313C-2DP and an ET200S IM151/CPU.

In the sim I try to download the ET200 but get the following message:

Download (288:47)
Unable to reach the module IM151 / CPU via the online interface.

followed by;

Download (13:4337)
Unable to establish a connection to the module IM151 / CPU (R0/S2) in the station SIMATIC 300 ET200

I've tried the Help that comes up with the message and tried manipulating the Set PG/PC Interface but I'm just unable to get it working.

Is it that the ET200 is on the Profibus and PLCSim can't simulate that?

Please... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance - regards; silva.foxx

Is it that the ET200 is on the Profibus and PLCSim can't simulate that?
Exactly.
This is THE problems with PLCSIM.
You have to copy your project to another project, then change the IM151 CPU from DP to MPI.
If both 313C-2DP and IM151 are in the same project, you have to select an unused MPI address (3 maybe). Then in PLCSIM you have to set that same MPI address.
When you are done, you copy the project again, and change the IM151 back to DP.