New at DeviceNet

chris76

I have no experience with devicenet. I need to communicate between a SLC 5/05 and a Flex I/O. Already purchase the 1747-SDN and the 1794 - ADN. I'm assuming I need to purchase RSnet Worx? Do I need to purchase a 1784-PCD or a 1770KFD to configure the link? Or can I do everything through the SLC connection? Thanks

chris76 said:
I have no experience with devicenet. I need to communicate between a SLC 5/05 and a Flex I/O. Already purchase the 1747-SDN and the 1794 - ADN. I'm assuming I need to purchase RSnet Worx? Do I need to purchase a 1784-PCD or a 1770KFD to configure the link? Or can I do everything through the SLC connection? Thanks

see this posts

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=31930

Not sure for SLC's, I know for CLX you need RS Networx for Device Net and there's also a Devicenet commissioning tool in the package.

Rsnetworx for devicenet software is must if you use devicenet network

select based on laptop configuration if you have PCMICA slot use 1784-PCD

1770KFD comes with serial & devicenet port nowdays laptop don,t have serial port, Iam not sure it will work with USB to serial adaptor