WinnCC Flexible code question

smcmanus

The code below is all in one script called by the main screen. I have 2 buttons. Move record forward and move Record Previous. What i need to do is call a script "MoveForward" with the move forward button and call another script "Move Previous" with the move previos button. But how to I pass my record set object "rst"? see code below! The issue I am having is I am stuck in a do until loop therefore it is not allowing me to click any objects on my screen. i.e move forward and move previos buttons. That's why if maybe I can call 2 different scrips up with passing the recordset it may be easier.

Dim conn,rst
Dim SQL_Table

Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set rst = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
conn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=c:\G&S.mdb"

rst.CursorLocation = 3
rst.CursorType = 3
rst.LockType = 3

SQL_Table = "Select * FROM tblData1"

rst.open SQL_Table,conn

Do Until strscreen <> HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName

SmartTags("LASER_2D") = rst.Fields(0).Value
SmartTags("LASER_2D_GRADE") = rst.Fields(1).Value
SmartTags("G&S_2D") = rst.Fields(2).Value

Do While SmartTags("btnNext")=True Or SmartTags("btnPrev")=True

If SmartTags("btnNext")=True Then
rst.MoveNext
SmartTags("btnNext")=False

If SmartTags("btnPrev")=True Then
rst.MovePrevious
SmartTags("btnPrev")=False

End If
End If

ActivateScreen "Screen_1",0
Loop

Loop

Set rst = Nothing
Set conn = Nothing

Last edited:
My best guess

I think you will have to creat an index variable to keep track of where you are in the table. Then have two scripts for next/prev. I don't think you can keep your connection open all the time.

How many fields and records are you going to have? You could just read all the data into arrays and use them for the next/prev. You could update the arrays when the screen opens with the next/prev buttons.

Im guessing you have to use an SQL table. You could do this easy using the recipe's in Flexible.

Hey Charles. Sorry if my questions seem basic. I am new to WinnCC. Your right about the connection. Once i leave the script it is gone. Have not really played with the recipe's yet.