citect 5.21 spG & software protection faulier

AliAli

I have installed WinNT SP4 on my workstation PC as OS.Also Citect 5.21 SP G was installed as HMI.Dongle key is inserted to LPT correctly but sometimes I got "software protection faulier" on the screen and citect runtime goes out.By restarting my project it works properly till next message!!!
Could some body guide me in this regards

This ia message to let you know that you do not have the Citect dongle in place. (the hardware key) The older versions plug into the printer port and look like a gender bender, the newer ones plug into a USB port and look similar to a memory stick.

Citect will run for approx 15 mins without the dongle (Demo mode). It will then shutdown. A restart will allow another 15 mins.

Also there are some restrictions regarding capabilities. ie No networking features, (can only be run standalone)

This way you can test your project before you buy.

As Citect uses a $/Point count type of equation. When you go to purchase you have some idea of what you need.

Citect is not working just for 15 minute in Demo mode.It runs some times for 2-3 days.Also I have checked my dongle with rainbow configurator software.
When I removed dongle for test purpose I faced to no protection key available and a announce to run in Demo mode for 15 M.
Colud there be any other possibility to this problem?

I have licence.This message appears time to time with unknown period(e.g. 6H or 2D)

Last edited:
You can go to the Citect website and generate a new code to install into the dongle. Just check with Citect first but I think this was necessary for 5.21. Go to the Sentinal website also and get the latest driver.

Most important, contact Citect support first to make sure the above is necessary. You will need to have your site number and be in maintenance or they will not talk to you at all.

I hope you have paid for the upgrade and are not doing it ilegally. If you are it they may prosecute you.

The variable time until you get "no protection key" message may be due to one of two things.

1. Problem with your printer port (hardware or software).

2. Citect assigns tags dynamically as well as statically. For instance, if you use super genies as each different instance is opened a group of tags is added to your tag count and eventually may exceed your license limit. To be sure your total number of variable tags should not exceed your license limit. Do a test by starting your application and one by one opening every instance of a super genie.

Regards..........John Gaunt

1-LPT is working ok.anyhow I have exchanged my hardware & software to be sure.
2-My project was running befor without any problem,After a problem for my SCSI H.D. I had to exchanged H.D. to IDE and restore my latest backup.
By compliling and run it I faced to this error message!
Could be any other reason?

Could it be possible that the configuration of the port LPT1 has been changed in the bios ? I can recall something about the protection key needing to be set as "legacy". I ma not sure of the exact wording but it may be worth checking the port settings in the bios agains a known working system (if you have one).

"Legacy" usually refers to PCI/ISA and other things if I remember rightly. I think LPT is port type ECP/EPP etc. Hope I am not wrong - been a long time.

Still check the Sentinel driver - it has caused me issues in the past as well.

I have "SetupSysDriver" from Rain Co.With this applicant software I can see that dongle is placed ok.!
Any other reson?